News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Office

Posted on WSPeterthepilot Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  joep517 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

WSPeterthepilot
      AskWoody Lounger

Anyone know why I can’t find the Microsoft office that I loaded on my new windows ten ? Well it clearly did not as I can’t find it , but I put the proper codes from the cover and followed the installation? A friend said it should come up as an app, but it,s not an app , is it ?

Peter:huh:

• #1547350 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

What version of Office? Were there any messages that popped up during the install?

Joe

--Joe

• #1547354 Reply

WSPeterthepilot
        AskWoody Lounger

What version of Office? Were there any messages that popped up during the install?

Joe

Hi Joe, it was Microsoft Office XP small business, it seemed to install OK , usual promts and asked for the codes which I entered, all seemed fine, until I tried to find the programme to do some writing . I,m still learning about W ten and where to find things, I liked the list of progammes with the previous ssytems.

Peter

• #1547369 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

Have you thoroughly examined the start menu | all apps?

Joe

--Joe

• #1547372 Reply

Berton
      AskWoody_MVP

I’ve installed Office 2003 and later on Win10 and it usually shows up in Apps alphabetically under M then Microsoft Office.

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"
    • #1547395 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

it usually shows up in Apps alphabetically under M then Microsoft Office

That’s where it showed up for office 2013 on mine also. Took me a little bit to find it but it was there.
      @Peterthepilot, look in Programs and features to see if it is listed there as installed.

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
      4 Win 10 Pro all 1903 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

• #1547399 Reply

joep517
      AskWoody MVP

No folder for Office 2016. Individual apps alphabetically by “normal” names such as Access, Excel, Outlook, etc.

Joe

--Joe

• #1547424 Reply

WSPeterthepilot
      AskWoody Lounger

Hi Joe, Yep — that’s where it was hiding .. Many thanks

Lumpy – where do I find the list of programmes, all I can see is the all apps list , is that the same ?

• #1547433 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Plus

Right click the start button and click on Programs and Features. It will show all installed programs. It’s where you go if you want to uninstall/change a program.

• #1547445 Reply

WSjwitalka
        AskWoody Lounger

Right click the start button and click on Programs and Features. It will show all installed programs. It’s where you go if you want to uninstall/change a program.

This doesn’t show the installed Modern apps, just the old Desktop apps. The All Apps list shows both types.

Jerry

• #1547494 Reply

CADesertRat
          AskWoody Plus

This doesn’t show the installed Modern apps, just the old Desktop apps. The All Apps list shows both types.

Jerry

Yes that’s true Jerry but it would show if his Office installed and I got the impression from his question to me, that he didn’t know how to find the Programs and Features.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Office

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.