News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Old Updates showing up AGAIN

Posted on Pepsiboy Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Old Updates showing up AGAIN

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pepsiboy 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Pepsiboy
      AskWoody Lounger

I’m running Win 7 x64 SP1 on a HP G62 laptop. This morning Windows Update shows that there are 4 “Optional” updates available, and unchecked. They are;

KB4056897 dated 1-4-2018

KB4338821 dated 7-1-2018

KB4488970 dated 1-4-2019

KB4093478 dated 4-9-2018

Should these be installed or IGNORED ? ? ?  When checking my ‘Installed updates’, none of these are there.

Thanks, in advance.

Dave

• #1740468 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

@pepsiboy, if they are ‘optional and unchecked’, just ignore them. I have around 70 optionals unchecked sitting in WU.

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1741507 Reply

Pepsiboy
      AskWoody Lounger

@pepsiboy, if they are ‘optional and unchecked’, just ignore them. I have around 70 optionals unchecked sitting in WU.

That is what I thought. Just checking with those that are more knowledgable than me.

Thanks,

Dave

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Old Updates showing up AGAIN

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.