News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• OneDrive

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        sreilly24590
        AskWoody Plus

Apparently I have OneDrive on my computers and the source I believe is Office365 for which I have an annual subscription. My main issue is that on my imaging observatory’s computer I have data that is stored by the CCD imaging software that records such things as setup configurations, guider settings, and so on which is referred to when the telescope is actively in operation. There is a folder for that software in both the Documents folder on my C drive as well as under. The information in OneDrive needs to be in the C drive Documents folder in the proper program’s (MaxImDL) folder.

The question is two fold, 1) how can I safely move the OneDrive documents to my C drive properly and 2) how do I uninstall/disable OneDrive so this doesn’t happen again? I can wipe the drive and reload Windows 10 64 Pro but that takes a day or better as the supporting programs for the observatory are substantial including their configurations.

I may have gotten sloppy in my older age at building these new computers and missed the OneDrive option but I really have no need for that as I use 4-5TB drives for data storage and 1TB SSD drives for system drives.

bratkinson
        AskWoody Plus

I checked a couple of the ‘easier’ ways I could remember that I may have wiped Onedrive off my computer, but I couldn’t find how I did it.  I checked ‘services’, msconfig, and even Apps to no avail.  I even checked WinAero Tweaker that I downloaded from another site and even that doesn’t have a ‘disable onedrive’ option.  So I must have manually gone into the registry to get that nightmare off my computer once and for all.

But for the more timid among us, simply Google “Remove Onedrive” (no quotes) and follow the directions of your choice.

As for getting documents off Onedrive, I suspect it has a ‘hidden’ folder somewhere on your computer, perhaps in the ‘hidden’ folder: C:\Users\<userID>\Apdata\ (local, local low, or roaming.  You’ll have to change your folder ‘viewing’ options to show hidden files to ‘see’ the Apdata folder then go from there.  Simply copy or move the Ondrive files to wherever you want them to be.  Then, disable/stop/remove Onedrive, then delete the files in the Onedrive folder.

doriel
          AskWoody Lounger

Nothing personal. Please try to avoid such advices:

But for the more timid among us, simply Google “Remove Onedrive” (no quotes) and follow the directions of your choice.

Why?

https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/why-askwoody/

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 1809 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

doriel
        AskWoody Lounger

You can use powershell script from @RetiredGeek here at post 2342839

It was already discussed here on AW, but with all that constant changes in Windows and new versions all the time, its very difficult to deal with such things. The environment is everchanging.

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 1809 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: OneDrive

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.