News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• OneDrive issue

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        peterb
        AskWoody Plus

Not quite sure how but Onedrive is broken on my PC and I’ve not been able to fix it by uninstall/reinstall. The main symptom is that when  try to restart it, it wants to upload all my jpgs in Pictures as new files because it sees the ones that are already on Onedrive.com as different although they’re what it downloaded previously – so it wants to rename them all with “- copy”. (See the screenshot.) Any idea how to get the software to recognize them and skip the duplicates lie File Explorer? I’ve not found a way, and Microsoft Onedrive Support (I use the term loosely) just tells me to delete the 27,756 files in the cloud and let the app re-upload them! Not what I call an acceptable solution – and I’ve been back and forth with them at great length. They’re good at apologizing but not good at giving me a reasonable solution.

Onedrive-message

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: OneDrive issue

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.