News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Onedrive not syncing no icon

Posted on WSdavbla Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Onedrive not syncing no icon

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        WSdavbla
        AskWoody Plus

Hi

My Onedrive icon has stopped showing and is no longer syncing. I have tried everything I can find on the internet to no avail. Nothing works. I  can find my Onedrive files by opening Onedrive but I then have to download them if I want them on my hard drive. Not exactly syncing! Any ideas David

• #2264675 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

Do you ever Restart your computer (not Shutdown/power on)?

Can you open OneDrive from the Start menu?

Fix OneDrive sync issues

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (Pioneer/Chump)

• #2264766 Reply
          WSdavbla
          AskWoody Plus

Thanks.

Yes I have tried restarting my Surface Pro

When I try to lunch Onedrive from the Start menu I always get a “Oops something went wrong message”

I have tried removing Onedrive and reinstalling to no avail.

David

• #2264824 Reply
            WSdavbla
            AskWoody Plus

This is what I did and it seems to have worked (cross fingers) albeit with a few recent file changes lost.

>>Deep within the OS is a backup copy of the OneDriver installer. To find it, go to  File Explorer > This PC and open the system drive where Windows 10 is installed (usually C:\). Open the Windows folder and then open the WinSxS folder. In the search box, type onedrive then wait until the OneDriveSetup setup file appears.<<
            1 user thanked author for this post.
            b
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Onedrive not syncing no icon

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.