News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • OneDrive Personal Vault

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function Other MS apps OneDrive Personal Vault

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Ian
        AskWoody Lounger

I have only recently noticed the update to the OneDrive allowing up to 3 extra-sensitive files to be stored in my OneDrive Personal Vault, apparently using Bit-locker security that is a new level of security for someone who uses Windows 10 Home Edition!

Not wanting to spend anything on extra storage, whether it be in the cloud or elsewhere for that matter, I’m at a loss as to know how to prioritise or list the criteria for the up t0 3 files to place in my Personal Vault, considering all my files equally personal and confidential (or am I paranoid?).

I would welcome any reasonable suggestions as to what to place in my limited Personal Vault (suggestions for cute pictures of the family pet are appreciated but not welcome, thank you!).

• #2087074 Reply
        access-mdb
        AskWoody MVP

You could create three zip files containing the files you think are the most personal or confidential.

• #2087231 Reply
          Ian
          AskWoody Lounger

Combine my most personal files into a maximum of 3 folders and zip them?! Crafty! On it…

• #2138030 Reply
            Klaus
            AskWoody Plus

You don’t even have to limit yourself to 3 folders to be zipped into 3 zip files. Instead, you can zip up any single file or collection of files into as many zip files as you want, name then appropriately, and then zip the zip files into up to 3 “master” zip files.

The only downside I see using the zip approach is that the iOS version of OneDrive does not support zip files, and I often access my files while on the go (bank, doctor, lawyer, you name it), so that’s a real barrier.

• #2087201 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

Microsoft suggests;

-Important documents and files (tax, insurance, property and vehicle documents)
        -Copies of ids (passport, driver’s license or birth certificate)
        -Photos
        -Videos

OneDrive Personal Vault (on YouTube)

• #2087232 Reply
          Ian
          AskWoody Lounger

Thanks for the link to the video – very helpful! If only my search engines brought that webpage up when looking for anything on OneDrive, but I’ll leave that to the rant thread…

1 user thanked author for this post.
          b
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: OneDrive Personal Vault

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.