News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • OneNote deleted page from section

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version OneNote deleted page from section

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ErnieG 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

ErnieG
      AskWoody Plus

OneNote deleted a page from one of my note sections and I lide like to go back to a back up that was active when the page was there and recover it to my current oneNote file.

Question ? Is that possible?

If so when would I find the file?

I was using my iPhone OneNote to update a page with some information and entered in the latest data and all of a sudden it was gone. When I came home I went on my PC and the section was still there, but the page full of two years data was gone.

Ernie

• #344610 Reply

Lugh
      AskWoody_MVP

Ernie, have a look in File > Options.

OneNote Backup

See where it lists the OneNote file & backup locations? My files are in D:-OneNote, and my backup is in D:-OneNote-16.0-Backup.

Look in your location for the page you are missing.

PS I’m using hyphen instead of backslash, the forum doesn’t seem to like backslashes—it zapped ’em.

Lugh.
      ~
      Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
      i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 1TB SSD, 256GB SSD, 4TB HD

Attachments:
    • #345265 Reply

ErnieG
      AskWoody Plus

Interesting  information, turns out no back up since December, despite OneNote supposed to happen weekly. Was able to recover a Dec. file, not the best but it will do to get back into the swing

Thanks for your message .

Ernie

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: OneNote deleted page from section

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.