News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Opinion about Firefox

Posted on taftbaby Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

Ken Sims 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

taftbaby
      AskWoody Plus

I have a new desktop pc.  Windows 10 Pro, 1809. I only have Chrome installed.  I have both Chrome and Firefox installed on my laptop. My friend says I should not install Firefox as it is “buggy”.   Would like any opinions about this subject. Thank you for your time! Hope I am in the right forum!! 🙂

• #1358637 Reply

access-mdb
      AskWoody MVP

I’ve had no problems with FF, not even with the recent issues with plugins (which your friend is probably referring to). It’s free to download and try – see if it’s buggy for you and whether you like it or not. This is true of any of the browsers that people might recommend – try them yourself and see if you are happy with them. After all, none of us know what you want from a browser!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1359054 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

I use Firefox (now 66.0.4) for my primary browser and Waterfox as my secondary (on both Windows and MacOC). I have never had any problems with either.

• #1359361 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

My friend says I should not install Firefox as it is “buggy”.

I use Chrome beta as my default browser and have Portable Firefox 60.6.1esr as my backup browser.
      You don’t have to Install Firefox. Use Portable version as it is easier to remove if you don’t like it.

• #1361101 Reply

Ken Sims

I’ve been using Firefox almost exclusively for many years and I’m very happy with it (albeit not so happy with the recent Plugin problem that required me to reconfigure my containers after it was fixed).

Sprint’s website has occasionally had problems such that I have to use Edge to access it properly.  And for a while I was using a service where I had to use Chrome, but I stopped using that service and later uninstalled Chrome.  Otherwise it’s just Firefox.

FYI, the FF plugins I use are:

• Cookie Quick Manager
      • Facebook Container
      • Firefox Multi-Account Containers
      • uBlock Origin

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Opinion about Firefox

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.