News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Optical drive did Not migrate with 20H2 update

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Optical drive did Not migrate with 20H2 update

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Linda2019
        AskWoody Plus

I recently updated to 20H2.  I am Unable to burn DVDs now.  I checked the drive.. and events .. and it didn’t migrate with the 20H2 update.   But, I can play prerecord music dvds from the optical drive.

I googled the problem and I saw a number of people with the same problem .  Does any one know if there is a patch in the works from Microsoft?

I can’t go back to 2004… even though it’s less than 10 days from.update because the computer did a cleaning .. and the files (maybe in windows.old?) must have been erased.

I tried to do a system restore … it didn’t work.

I did a sfc /scannow and a checkdisk… no problems detected.

Yet… in the “uninstall an update ” screen I see that I can uninstall “feature update to windows 10 20H2 via enablement lack age (kb4562830).

Would it be safe to do this? Uninstall from there?  Would it bring back my 2004 system files?

EP
        AskWoody_MVP

uninstalling the kb4562830 update will change your Win10 version from 20H2 to 2004 (you have to restart the computer after removing that update)

what kind of program are you using to burn/create DVDs?

Linda2019
          AskWoody Plus

Hello – I couldn’t go back to 2004 as the Dell SupportAssist program cleaned my system.

I tried to do a system  startup repair – to no avail.

I started a new thread with new information.

How I came to find out I couldn’t use the Optical Drive – was after upgrading to 20H2, I couldn’t create a Repair Disc.  The drive couldn’t read the blank DVD.  The only way to burn a blank RW DVD now is to use Windows Media Player – then delete what I burned and then got to use it do a Repair Disc.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Optical drive did Not migrate with 20H2 update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.