News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Orange screen, white stripes, not using Bitlocker

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1909 – November 2019 Update Orange screen, white stripes, not using Bitlocker

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        billbled
        AskWoody Plus

Hi,
        Out of the blue, my 4 monitor (nVidia NVS510 card) has gone south. I have been through the wringer already, and now, I’ve made 2 USB startup/recovery drives using the Media Creation Tool, and all I get when I boot to either USB startup drive is an orange screen with white stripes. I can faintly see a flashing cursor in the upper LH corner of the screen, but it is non-responsive. Typing anything on the keyboard yields no characters.

I’ve found a lot of chatter on the web about this problem. All of it centered around “type your bitlocker password in even though it doesn’t appear that it takes it and hit Enter”. That seems to have worked for a lot of people. BUT I’m not using bitlocker. I’ve checked in my Microsoft account and it verifies – NO Bitlocker.

I’ve tried changing out the video card to a single PCI-E card and all I get is a different visual pattern on the monitor, but acts exactly the same.

I’m a stones throw from pulling the boot drive and getting PSTs and whatever files I can off it and doing a clean install, but if there’s a way to save this installation, that would be my preference.

Windows 10 Pro v 1909, 64bit
        OS Build   10.0.18363.959
        MoBo: ASUS M3A78-CM
        AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor, 8GB RAM, Acres of HDD space.
        nVidia NVS 510 quad card, running 4 AOC monitors

Any ideas welcomed and appreciated.
        Thanks much,
        Bill

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Orange screen, white stripes, not using Bitlocker

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.