News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Other drive imaging software

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Questions – Maintenance and backups Other drive imaging software

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  RockE 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

RockE
      AskWoody Plus

Note that this particular post is specifically about the TeraByte Disk Image Backup and Restore Suite.
      This software is not free but some Loungers are known to use it. Loungers should note that the suite is now version 3.28 (since April 6 2019). As usual, it includes Image for Windows, Image for Linux, and Image for DOS.
      The versions of BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI remain unchanged since 17 March. Interested parties can check out TeraByte Unlimited for details.

Image or Clone often! Backup, backup, backup, backup......
      - - - - -
      Home Built: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek HD Audio

• #349636 Reply

bbearren
      AskWoody MVP

I downloaded and installed it today.

Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!
      "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow
      "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns

"Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware

• #998866 Reply

RockE
      AskWoody Plus

Update:
      Latest version is now 3.29 for the TeraByte Disk Image Backup and Restore Suite (April 25).
      The BootIt Collection is 1.08/1.56 and the TBOSDT Suite is version 1.88
      I’m just now installing.

- - - - -
      Home Built: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek HD Audio

• #1647250 Reply

Morris01
      AskWoody Plus

I tried to use MS imaging on a brand new 2 TB drive and I keep getting this message. (See attached image)

Backup

any thoughts?

Attachments:
    • #1653676 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

You probably have a small ancillary partition. Open Disk Management and check the partition sizes (do not change anything).

Use a 3rd party app instead – Aomei, EaseUS, Paragon, Macrium etc.

cheers, Paul

• #1661696 Reply

RockE
      AskWoody Plus

I might run CHKDSK (check disk) on both drives.

Take a peek at this for insight.

- - - - -

• #1873711 Reply

RockE
      AskWoody Plus

Update:
      Latest version is now 3.31 of the TeraByte Disk Image Backup and Restore Suite (June 24).
      The BootIt Collection is 1.10/1.58 and the TBOSDT Suite is version 1.90.

I was distracted a lot this month so I only upgraded the suite yesterday and have just now imaged my Windows 10 version 1903 (build 18362.239).
      Both the suite and Windows 10 seem to be OK.

- - - - -

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Other drive imaging software

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.