• Out in the front yard watching the Blood Moon tonight.

Home » Forums » Outside the box » Fun Stuff » Out in the front yard watching the Blood Moon tonight.

Author
    Topic

How To See The Lunar Eclipse On May 15-16, 2022 (bustle.com)

Anyone else watching the lunar eclipse tonight?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Western States’ AskWoody loungers, visitors and keepers: enjoy the show!

California and nearby states have an advantage on this, I imagine, especially with the present drought probably making for particularly limpid night skies when the winds are calm. Here, in the Mid-Atlantic states it has been raining, now and then, from skies that are and have been either mostly, or entirely cloudy for days and days and it’s starting to give people the blues.

So everything is nice and green here, we don’t see the Moon, star, planets and shooting stars that much at night, and flash-flood warnings enliven our days.

It’s partly cloudy, right now; so, if prepared to wait for it, maybe some will get to see this eclipse before it is over. I have seen my share of lunar eclipses. They can put quite a show.

Ex Windows user (Win. 98, XP, 7) since mid-2020. Now: running macOS Big Sur 11.6 & sometimes, Linux (Mint)

MacBook Pro circa mid-2015, 15" display, with 16GB 1600 GHz DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, a Haswell architecture Intel CPU with 4 Cores and 8 Threads model i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz.
      Intel Iris Pro GPU with Built-in Bus, VRAM 1.5 GB, Display 2880 x 1800 Retina, 24-Bit color.
      macOS Monterey; browsers: Waterfox "Current", Vivaldi and (now and then) Chrome; security apps. Intego AV and Malwarebytes for Macs.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Checking in from near VSFB Vandenberg Space Force Base near Santa Maria, California, the sky is clouded over with marine layer so I found the NASA live stream event and some others:

https://moon.nasa.gov/news/173/livestream-the-eclipse/

Watch a Total Lunar Eclipse (NASA Science Live)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGIaEIICIcs

NASA Total Lunar Eclipse (NASA Science Live)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsXQiiccB1E

Thanks for the reminder, good astronomy hobby.

2 users thanked author for this post.

We hiked out to see it but wasn’t much from our view. Maybe we didn’t hit it at the best time or spot.

Win7 Home x64 MacOS Chromebook

Der-moon

We did

Finance, social and tech founder. Managing director of new crowd sourced games in pre-release development. Director on a new consortium to bring fractional ownership of heritage antiquities to the blockchain. My planet-wide talk show for people craving new stories by which to live is Casual Saints.
      5 users thanked author for this post.

Here’s the two I got last evening with my phone and two with the camera. As you can see I had a lot of cloud cover to contend with. Which is also why I don’t have any shots of the waning eclipse.

20220515_231321
      P1030858
      Above taken with Galaxy S22 Ultra

LastBeforeCloudCover
      AtFull-Cropped
      Above taken with Lumix ZX50

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!
      Computer Specs

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    Reply To: Out in the front yard watching the Blood Moon tonight.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: