• Out of band question

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by anonymous.
    Author
    Topic

I use 1809 as a home computer. Do I need to install the out of band update?

I don’t really understand what it is. What is install on DC’s?

thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

1809 is no longer supported. You should be on 21H2.

A DC is used in a network of computers, generally in a business / school setting.
      If you don’t know what it is you do not have one, or do not need to worry about updating one.

cheers, Paul

I am using LTSC witch has an end date of Jan 9 2024. So my question stands. Does anyone know the anwser to my question?

I use 1809 as a home computer. Do I need to install the out of band update?

No

Win 10 home - 21H2
      Attitude is a choice...Choose wisely

1 user thanked author for this post.

Why not? What is different about LTSC that it is OK without the updates?

cheers, Paul

I guess the point is I update every month following the master patch guidence. I just have never seen the term out of band and its highlighted in red which seems to indicate some kind of warning. Plus I have no ideal what a DC machine is so I was looking for info on what all of this mean. I am 70 years old and having a heck of a time staying up with all of this. I use LTSC because I hate all of the crap that microsoft puts into window and wanted full contol over updated that LTSC provides.

A DC (Domain Controller) is a server.
        What you have is a home/desktop computer connected to the Internet through your Internet Provider.
        Not a server.
        The Out-of-band patches are for a DC server.
        You do not need them on your desktop computer.

Thank you! Case solved and closed!

Mark

Viewing 3 reply threads
    Reply To: Out of band question

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: