News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Outlook 2003 and Comcast

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Outlook 2003 and Comcast

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

b 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

DaveA
      AskWoody_MVP

It appears again that Comcast is having issues support Outlook 2003.

We can send but not receive any emails.

The fix that Comcast wants us to use is change to IMAP and not use pop.

I have spent 3 hours with them and then on a call back we were disconnected.

We are getting the error code 0x80042108 server is not found.

Has anyone been able to get their email from Comcast using Outlook 2003 pop type setup?

DaveA I am so far behind, I think I am First
      Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

• #315459 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Did you change the port number for your Incoming server (POP3) from 110 to 995 (and enable SSL) as required by Comcast around December 2018?

Please update your settings prior to December 2018 to ensure that you can continue using email with your third party email application after Port 110 is blocked.
      Update Your Xfinity Email POP Port Settings

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/"Sucker" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Outlook 2003 and Comcast

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.