• Outlook 2021

Author
    Topic

Hi, How to stop “Insert Tab” from showing with Signature  in Outlook 2021<!–more–>?

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Hi, How to stop “Insert Tab” from showing with Signature  in Outlook 2021

The Signature on the Insert is part of the Include group of that tab. You can customize the Outlook ribbon for the compose email window and remove the Include group from the Insert tab, which will remove the Signature option; however, you will lose access to the other functions in the group such Attach File, Business card, or Calendar. You can’t remove individual functions of a group (aka: can’t remove just the Signature from the Include Group)
      You can remove the Include group and then add the Attach file function to the Quick Access bar, but you will still not have the attached Business card or Calendar or other Outlook items functions.

To Remove a Group from a Ribbon Tab (refer to the image below)

1. In Outlook open a New Mail window.
      2. Right click a blank area of the Ribbon and select Customize the Ribbon.
      3. In the Main tabs in the right pane and click the > next to the Tab containing your group to expand.  Insert in this case.
      4. Select the group (Include in this case) to highlight it.
      5. Click the Remove button between the panes.
      6. Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window.

The Include group and all of its icons are no longer in the Ribbon above.

Outlook-Customize-Ribbon

HTH, Dana:))

Thanks I may have misled you by my question. I tried to do a screen shot but it wouldn’t paste.

What happens is when I select a new message my signature card shows up as well as a box

with “Keith & Lyn.vcf”. I’m not sure how this shows at receiver end. Sorry if a little vague, not up with the latest technology.

Keith

To attach a screenshot, at the bottom of the entry box, choose “Select File”
          In the box that pops up, navigate to the file on your computer, click on “Open”
          Once attached, you can insert the attachment “into content” at the location of your cursor.

Screenshot-2024-02-13-at-5.23.55 PM

Did this work (still learning)

Doc1

Sorry, forgot to login before posting.

The “Keith & Lyn.vcf” is the file of the business card (called a vCard). It allows the receiver the ability to click the file to download which adds all the contact info in that file to their Contacts folder. Creates your contact info for them.

Do you want that business card and signature to be on every new email you make? If not, that can be changed.

HTH, Dana:))

Sorry, forgot to login before posting.

The “Keith & Lyn.vcf” is the file of the business card (called a vCard). It allows the receiver the ability to click the file to download which adds all the contact info in that file to their Contacts folder. Creates your contact info for them.

Do you want that business card and signature to be on every new email you make? If not, that can be changed.

No Dana, Just the business card. This is how I used to do it with outlook 2016.

Keith

Thanks I may have misled you by my question. I tried to do a screen shot but it wouldn’t paste. What happens is when I select a new message my signature card shows up as well as a box with “Keith & Lyn.vcf”. I’m not sure how this shows at receiver end. Sorry if a little vague, not up with the latest technology.

OK, I understand what your asking.  The Keith & Lyn.vcf  file is your vCard (business card) in file form.  This allows the person receiving the emails to click and add the file to their Contacts (it enters all the contact info as a new contact).

This vCard is connected to your signature which is a user choice.  Do you want the signature with the vCard to appear with every new message?  If this is what you want that’s a simple setting change.  If you want a signature without the vCard you have to edit your signature and remove the vCard.  What do you want the new mail to do?

Well I finally sorted it out . Thanks all for your help.

Keith

Viewing 4 reply threads
    Reply To: Outlook 2021

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: