News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Outlook 365 password prompts

Posted on Mr. Natural Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Mr. Natural
        AskWoody Plus

Hello everyone,

We have an odd issue that started last week. A user using outlook 365 2016 reported getting repeated prompts for their password and entering the password would not work. I have not come across this but two other team members of mine have. They reported that the only way to fix it was to rebuild the profile. A workaround was to use Outlook online through the users personal office account.

The odd thing is this only occurs for one day. Outlook works fine the next business day if we tell the user to use Outlook online and don’t make any changes on the pc. The other odd thing is it only happens to one person a day. We’ve now had around 6 people report this issue on 6 different days. It’s not a global outage. Only one user affected on any day and it’s fine the next day. I just told my team members to try turning off cached exchange mode in outlook but they have not tried that yet. Anyone come across this?

Red Ruffnsore reporting from the front lines.

• #2260992 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

This sounds like a common issue which Microsoft has been aware of for a couple of days and may be about to fix:

Outlook keeps asking for credentials (O365)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Outlook 365 password prompts

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.