News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • outlook.com popup

Posted on taftbaby Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        taftbaby
        AskWoody Plus

I have probably posted this in the wrong forum, if so, please direct where I should post . Thank you! I have a hotmail account which is now outlook.com. When I sign-in and the inbox comes up, there is a “popup” that says “Get outlook on your phone for free” enter your phone number and we will send a link to download the app. You cannot scroll. It is like an ad. The only way to get rid of it is to then click on one of my emails. It will be gone until you sign in again. Is there any way to stop this popup from showing? Or is this a new microsoft thing? Thanks for any help!

• #2213539 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

I think you’re stuck with it:

“Get Outlook on your phone for free” ad when I boot up Outlook.live on PC

Isn’t clicking on an email what you were going to do anyway?

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (Pioneer/Chump)

• #2223501 Reply
          taftbaby
          AskWoody Plus

That is not the problem.  Why is there an outlook ad that cannot be removed without clicking on an email? Of course I will be clicking open an email but I have it set up to open with my emails, not some ad pushed by outlook. More big brother crud!!!

• #2223507 Reply
            b
            AskWoody Plus

I use Outlook.com and never see that. Do you have an ad-blocker in your browser?

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (Pioneer/Chump)

• #2223831 Reply
              taftbaby
              AskWoody Plus

Yes. I have an ad blocker that works for gmail and outlook, but it does not block this. No header info, cannot scroll. Only way to not see it is click on an email. It is no big deal, just irritating! Thanks for your interest!

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: outlook.com popup

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.