News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Outlook Data File Error

Posted on stevebassett Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        stevebassett
        AskWoody Plus

I use Outlook from Office 365 and have multiple email accounts set up on it.  I have an Outlook.com, gmail, yahoo and a couple work email accounts that uses GoDaddy email.  I have used it for years and just started having a problem about 6 months ago.  I will go most of a day and then either towards the end of the day or the next day (I don’t shut Outlook or my computer down at night) I have a message pop up.  “Outlook has exhausted all shared recources, please close all messaging applications and restart Outlook (example: Skype for Business).  I don’t use Skype but do use CompanionLink to sync my calendar with Gmail.  I try to restart Outlook, and it still has the problem.  I try to shutdown all outlook references to Outlook in Task Manager and still the same problem.  The only way to get rid of the problem is to restart my computer.

It also mentions not being able to access folders with the shared resources error pops up.

Any idea what the problem is and how to keep Outlook from having this problem?

Thanks,

Steve

Outlook-Error-exhausted-all-shared-resources.

Attachments:
      • #2175295 Reply
        jabeattyauditor
        AskWoody Lounger

From Microsoft Technet:

Capture

Attachments:
      • #2175628 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

Often caused by having a large number (15-50) of PST files opened:

Out of memory when opening a pst-file

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (chump/pioneer)

• #2213515 Reply
        anonymous

Appears to have worked for me, although I did have to restart computer after RegEdit.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Outlook Data File Error

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.