News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Outlook delays showing some received emails

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function MS Outlook and email programs Outlook delays showing some received emails

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        SteveP
        AskWoody Plus

Outlook has been delaying showing me emails for up to several days. Some emails show up immediately and others are delayed. I think this problem started when I updated to Win10 Pro 2004 a couple of weeks ago. It might have started with the Outlook update about a month ago when the message display problem occurred and I didn’t notice the problem for a while.

I’ve seen this problem somewhere in the past. I think the problem was related to Outlook’s cache.

I have Windows 10 Pro 2004 and Office 2019.

Thanks,
        Steve

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

How do you know the email is delayed?
        Can you logon to webmail and see the email?

cheers, Paul

anonymous

Sorry my response is so late. My internet was out for a couple of days.

I manually initiate email send/receive through out the day. I know emails are delayed because I’ll receive some emails during the day and then that day or the next a flood of emails from up to three days prior will appear. So the seemingly new emails predate the emails I already received and read.

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

If you don’t check webmail first, you don’t know for sure that your account has actually received the email. It could be the sender server or another along the way that is delaying the email.

--Joe

anonymous

This problem occurred about two years ago. I researched the problem extensively back then going back and forth between the online web site and Outlook. Mail was being acquired by Outlook but not displayed until some time later. Ultimately, the problem was caused by the cache not being handled properly. I haven’t been able to find the fix that came out of the prior work.

This issue and other new and old issues appeared recently after Microsoft “fixed” Outlook to take care of the email message not showing when reading a message.

Thanks,
        Steve

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Outlook delays showing some received emails

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.