News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Outlook Mobile – intermittent sync

Author
    Topic

Not sure if this is the right forum, bit it’s about Outlook – the mobile version.

We have an on-premise Exchange 2016 server. Bunch of colleagues use their mobile (iOS and Android) to receive e-mail and calendar, using the mobile version of Outlook. For most, this works fine. For some, they occasionally miss a message that _does_ appear in the desktop version of Outlook. Trouble shooting is by far easy. Collecting the sync log for one of the problem accounts is easy. But the the fun starts. I had a look at this: A mobile device intermittently can’t connect to Exchange Online (microsoft.com) I checked the log for the words mentioned in this article below ‘Collect EAS log’ but didn’t find any of them. So no luck there. There’s another article on how to trouble shoot EAS involving a pc to intercept the data between the phone and Exchange – a rather involved procedure for which I don’t have time or resources. Of course I checked the eventlog on the Exchange server, but it lists no problems either. So I wonder – is there a simple way to tackle this problem?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

A couple of weeks further and we established the problem lies within Outlook Mobile. When the Gmail-app is used on the same phone, things work ok – all mail is there.  I don’t think figuring out what’s wrong with Outlook Mobile will get me further towards a solution, so I think we have to settle for a replacement.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: Outlook Mobile – intermittent sync

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.