News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Outlook No Longer Syncing to iPhone 11

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2019 for PC Outlook No Longer Syncing to iPhone 11

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        WSC3
        AskWoody Plus

My Windows 10 (Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042) PC’s email, contacts, and calendar in Outlook 2019 have been syncing perfectly with my iPhone 11 until this week when I realized that the calendar and contacts are no longer doing so.  The mail is working fine. I did install security patches, and I’m wondering if they are the cause.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Susan Bradley
        Manager

What service or thing are you using to do the sync?  Is your email/calendar on a cloud service or is it pulled into your desktop?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

WSC3
        AskWoody Plus

Hi Susan,

It’s all automatic thru the cloud.

Susan Bradley
          Manager

So you are using outlook app or the native apple/iphone applications?

If native make sure that the calendar for that cloud hook it enabled in the calendar sections. Often I find that after iphone updates it changes what it’s looking at in the calendar.

For contacts, go back through the account set up and make sure contacts button is enabled for that email account.  Bottom line if there is a cloud in the mix, the issue is more than likely not your on premises Outlook causing the issue.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

WSC3
        AskWoody Plus

Should I sign out of iCloud and sign back in?  I’ve found that suggestion, but I want to make sure that I won’t lose any data….

ScotchJohn
        AskWoody Plus

The information that is synced between iCloud and Outlook (I use OL2010) is contained in a folder called c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\[long string of identifier data].aplzod.  I have four files in that folder.  If you’re using OL2019. it may be different, but you should be able to find it in Outlook uder “Data Files”.

What you describe has happened to me more than once, and, sometimes, things get so screwed up that I have to recreate the linked files afresh.  To save from sawing off the branch that I am sitting on, I rename the folder, something like “.aplzog”, just something mildly different.

Sign out of iCloud, sign in again, and re-import the iCloud data.

Dell E5570 Latitude, Intel Core i5 6440@2.60 GHz, 8.00 GB - Win 10 Pro

WSC3
        AskWoody Plus

Susan: I’m using native iPhone apps for mail, contacts, and calendar.

I was exploring my Outlook settings and found nothing amiss.  A 3-day old alert suddenly appeared, and I checked my test entries in contacts and calendar.  All had suddenly synced as expected.  I’m not sure what happened, but the problem resolved itself.  If it happens again, my research (and I think this is what did in the past) indicates logging out of iCloud and logging back in as you all suggested too.

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Outlook No Longer Syncing to iPhone 11

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.