News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Outlook print format different for contact phonebook between Outlook 2013/2016

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function MS Outlook and email programs Outlook print format different for contact phonebook between Outlook 2013/2016

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        WSPCGeek
        AskWoody Plus

I printed a phone book of my contacts in Outlook 2013.  Moved to Outlook 2016 and the format is not the same.  The name and phone numbers are there, but the addresses do now appear in 2016.  Is there a way to configure the Outlook 2013 format in Outlook 2016?

b
        AskWoody MVP

What steps did you take to print contacts?

Are the missing addresses email or postal?

Print some or all contacts in your address book

Moonshine
        AskWoody Lounger

You can right click the Email column and remove it. The emails now shouldn’t show now on the print out (or preview).

To add the Email column back, again right click an existing column and select View Settings > Advanced View Settings: Phone > Columns > Frequently used fields > Email fields > Email > Add > Reposition up/down if required.

b
        AskWoody MVP

The name and phone numbers are there, but the addresses do now appear in 2016.

I took “now” here to be a typo for “not”.

Please clarify whether (email?) addresses appear or do not.

WSPCGeek
        AskWoody Plus

That was not a typo.  On the prior version, when I printed the contacts, using the “Card Style” Print setting, it showed all the information. Name, phone numbers, email addresses, home or work postal address.  That is what I am trying to get back on my contact print out.  The only selection that shows all the information is the “Memo Style”, one per page.  I was looking for the same format that I had in the prior edition, maybe 2010, but the “Card Style” showed the postal address as well as email and phone numbers.  The Small and Medium booklet style are nice also, and if I can get the addresses in there, I would be happy also.

WSPCGeek
        AskWoody Plus

@Moonshine, I thought about your answer.  When I selected View: Card View on the People display, it allowed me to add/change columns to display.  The Columns selection was grayed out on the People View  – “View Settings”

Business/Home/Mailing address was NOT on the list.  I put them on the list, and now they appear not only on the Card display on contacts, but also on the Print – Card Style format on printing.

Thank you so much for the enlightenment on this.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Outlook print format different for contact phonebook between Outlook 2013/2016

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.