News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Password Managers

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        rebop2020
        AskWoody Plus

For many years i have been using MSecure version 3 something – well back – with Windows 7, 10 , iPhone and iPad and easily keeping all in sync without anything floating off to a cloud. As of a few days ago, it stopped working on iPad. For most users as I read. 14.6 IOS broke it on their iPhones and it still works on their iPads. The reverse for me.

So if I am to change horses, now is the time. Do not want any subscriptions. Must work windows 7 and 10, iPhone and iPad. wifi sync would be great. Have not yet read a review that got my attention with these features. Perhaps Bitwarden free version.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

KeePassXC, or KeePass and Strongbox.

cheers, Paul

2 users thanked author for this post.
        rebop2020
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks. Had not run across those before Paul. Will check out, especially since portable.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Don’t go portable, install and backup properly.
        If you need temporary access to a KeePass(XC) database, use KeeWeb in your browser.

cheers, Paul

JC Zorkoff
          AskWoody Plus

Paul T,

Why do you say NOT to use the portable version of KeePass?

I have been using the portable version for over 12 years and have never had a problem. I still backup the KeePass data file regularly without incident.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Paul T
            AskWoody MVP

Using portable implies having it on a USB stick, along with the database. This is a recipe for disaster.
            Not everyone will use it like that, but many do, thinking it’s safer if it’s not on their PC where malware can affect it.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Password Managers

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.