Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Patch Lady – controlling windows updates

Posted on Susan Bradley Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog Patch Lady – controlling windows updates

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sueska 1 week ago.

• Author

Susan Bradley
      AskWoody MVP
    • #235008 Reply

Steve S
      AskWoody Lounger

You could also use other “true” Disposal Email. I like mailinator.com as no account is needed. just pick a email name and it will let you check that box. Google disposable email for more options.

• #235029 Reply

anonymous

Actually, you can’t. Script checks logins.

• #235134 Reply

CADesertRat
      AskWoody Lounger

Susan,

Thanks for all the advice and content you provide for us, I’ve followed you for years for your advice (WS and now AskWoody), but personally I’m not going to sign up on another site to get 1 article even though I would be interested in the article.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #235511 Reply

rc primak
        AskWoody MVP

Then look around here and in Woody’s ComputerWorld articles.  Basically the same advice and settings are presented here and there. Susan’s reference is here as a convenient all in one place guide.  I applaud her for posting the link. Use it or not at your own preference.

-- rc primak

• #235532 Reply

CADesertRat
          AskWoody Lounger

Yup, I thought that was what I said, maybe not….. I certainly wasn’t faulting Susan in any way, shape, or form. She is a treasure for all the help she gives. As you suggest and as I already stated, I am not going to subscribe to another site. Thanks for your input 🙂

• #238873 Reply

Sueska
      AskWoody Lounger

Thanks ever so much Susan. Your powershell method of controlling windows updates works flawlessly. It shows all updates, even those not yet appearing in Settings/Windows Updates. (Win 10 Pro 1809, using group policy windows update option 2 – Notify for download and notify for install)

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Patch Lady – controlling windows updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.