News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Patch lady – don’t forget I need your feedback!

Posted on Susan Bradley Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog Patch lady – don’t forget I need your feedback!

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Susan Bradley
        AskWoody MVP

Consumer Patching Survey Business Patching Survey Don’t forget – I need your feedback on windows and office updating.  I’ll be closing it down after n
        [See the full post at: Patch lady – don’t forget I need your feedback!]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2279230 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Done, based on previous testing of v1909 x64 and x86 🙂

Win8.1 Pro x64 Linux Hybrids x64 Win7 Pro x64 Offline
      • #2279303 Reply

Susan,

I tried once to give some feedback, but it got deleted for some reason. (I usually post late at night PST, as it’s one of the few times of the day when it’s quiet enough around here to think. If this one gets deleted, I’ll Direct Message you.)

As to feedback, I am really appalled at the quality of the patches coming out of Redmond; so much so that I’m experimenting with Linux Mint.

Ever since they went fired the QA/QC patch staff and went into this “Monthly-All-In-A-Ever-Bloating-Rollup-Gordian-Knot-with-broken-glass in-it” approach, it’s been just awful.

If I had not found this site when I did, I would be hopelessly adrift!

Thank You!

Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit ESU, Dell Latitude E6330, Intel CORE i5 "Ivy Bridge", Group "Patch List", Multiple Air-Gapped backup drives in different locations, "Don't auto-check for updates-Full Manual Mode." Linux Mint Greenhorn
        --
        "A committee is the only known form of life that has at least four legs and no brain."

-Robert Heinlein

• #2279693 Reply
        PerthMike
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks for the surveys, a good way to start the week, with a decent rant to let off steam. Now I can face my users.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Patch lady – don’t forget I need your feedback!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.