News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Patch Lady – here comes 2004

Posted on Susan Bradley Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog Patch Lady – here comes 2004

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
        Susan Bradley
        AskWoody MVP
      • #2266512 Reply
        Mr. Natural
        AskWoody Plus

Earlier this morning I downloaded the media creation tool and it was still for 1909. I just now went to run the tool again and was informed of a new tool. I allowed it to run the update and it took me to the same site for the media creation tool only now it is the 2004 installer. So this just changed within the past couple of hours.

Red Ruffnsore reporting from the front lines.

• #2266515 Reply
        Barry
        AskWoody Plus

I tried to download from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 but it would not let me . Gives error code 0x80072f76

Barry
        Windows 10 Home V 2004

• #2266520 Reply
        Barry
        AskWoody Plus

I tried to download from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 but it would not let me . Gives error code 0x80072f76

i tried it thru the MCT Tool to upgrade now and it appears to working I hope its not redownloading 1909.

Barry
        Windows 10 Home V 2004

• #2266525 Reply
        anonymous

Downloading x64 now (Pro version current) as an iso using the media creation tool 2004

• #2266528 Reply
          Barry
          AskWoody Plus

I canceled the download i am afraid its downloading 1909 i will wait until some one can confirm.

Barry
          Windows 10 Home V 2004

• #2266548 Reply
            Mr. Natural
            AskWoody Plus

I would download and run the media creation tool. If it’s the 1909 version you should get a prompt that there is a newer version of the tool. If it doesn’t prompt then you should be on the 2004 version.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          • #2266579 Reply
            anonymous

Barry, additional info to post #2266525, downloaded and checked ESD using DISM Index:1 to find version 10.0.19041 (20H1)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2266583 Reply
        Mr. Natural
        AskWoody Plus

As you can see below I downloaded MCT version 1909 at 11:30 am just over an hour later I ran that tool again and was prompted for the new MCT. Note the difference in the file names.

mct

Attachments:
      • #2266612 Reply
        Barry
        AskWoody Plus

I rechecked it and it indeed did say version 2004. It downloaded with no problem and i am now on 2004 version 19041.264

Barry
        Windows 10 Home V 2004

• #2266709 Reply
          EP
          AskWoody_MVP

you just needed to wait a few more hours until MS actually posted the 2004 ESDs & ISOs (and the corresponding products.cab & products.xml files for the 2004 media creation tool) – they were posted after 10am pacific local time WE 5/27

edit – after running the 2004 MCT, check the C:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\ folder in File Explorer and look at the date of the products.xml file – it should be dated 5/11/2020

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by EP.
      • #2266959 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

While Windows 10 version 2004 has arrived, it is not available to everyone as Microsoft has put in some upgrade blocks because of either incompatible drivers or the “memory integrity” feature turned on as noted in this recent Neowin article:
        https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-blocks-windows-10-may-2020-update-on-pcs-with-memory-integrity-enabled

Viewing 7 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Patch Lady – here comes 2004

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.