News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Patch Lady – KB4535996 issues?

Posted on Susan Bradley Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog Patch Lady – KB4535996 issues?

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Susan Bradley
        AskWoody MVP

Installing an update to Macrium Reflect tonight and in the release notes this caught my eye: In response to potential file system corruption issues th
        [See the full post at: Patch Lady – KB4535996 issues?]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

4 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2212263 Reply
        Pim
        AskWoody Plus

“Bottom line don’t forget to update your backup software as well as your operating system. ….. and read those release notes.”

Yes, and Macrium is very good at fixing bugs, even if only a few people have them. I have been working with Macrium support many times to solve issues, and even the smallest issues they generally solve quickly.

ASRock Beebox J3160 - Win7 Ultimate x64
        Asus VivoPC VC62B - Win7 Ultimate x64
        Dell Latitude E6430 - Win7 Ultimate x64
        Dell Latitude XT3 - Vista Ultimate x86 (still...)
        Gigabyte GA-H110M-HD3 DDR3 - Win10 Pro 1809 x64

• #2212270 Reply
        WildBill
        AskWoody Plus

We’re both up to date, & you’re right… that is in the most recent Release Notes for Macrium Reflect. This occurred & was fixed in v7.2.4797 on 19th March 2020. Your advice at the end Certainly still applies.

Windows 8.1, 64-bit, back in Group A... & leaning toward Windows 10 V2004. As long as it's a Lot Less Buggy!
        Wild Bill Rides Again...

• #2212347 Reply
        rc primak
        AskWoody_MVP

Being a SUM0 user, I get notified of Macrium Reflect updates regularly. This is one piece of software I update (and make new Rescue Media and update the Boot Option) as soon as a new update comes out. Every time Windows does an update (Feature Update or monthly CU) I look for any Macrium Reflect changes.

In case anyone was wondering, unless stated otherwise in the Release Notes, your existing MR Backups should work just fine after this sort of change has occurred in their program. But Incremental Backup chains may be affected, as is noted in the MR Release Notes this time around.

-- rc primak

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Patch Lady – KB4535996 issues?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel