Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Patch Lady on RunAsRadio Podcast

Home Forums AskWoody blog Patch Lady on RunAsRadio Podcast

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kirsty 2 months ago.

• Author

Kirsty
      AskWoody MVP

To listen to Susan Bradley on the subject of patching and her recent patching surveys, you can download this week’s podcast from runasradio.com’s Show
      [See the full post at: Patch Lady on RunAsRadio Podcast]

• #209523 Reply

jstech
      AskWoody Lounger

I didn’t know such a podcast existed. I’ll have to check some of these podcasts out. Thank you.

Group A | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit
      2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #209565 Reply

plodr
      AskWoody Lounger

I think I need a Podcasts for Dummies primer.

My notes say to listen on a computer: open VLC click on View, then Playlist, then Internet and Podcast.

I got a popup to add the address.

I entered http://runasradio.com/Shows/Show/596

It was added and I clicked the play button. Absolutely nothing happened. I deleted it then tried it a 2nd time to be sure I didn’t forget anything.

Update: I just kept temporarily allowing everything in noscript and eventually the “there was an error” message disappeared and the play button on the website worked.

The download doesn’t work for me. I kept getting another tab and a plain white block in it.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  plodr.
      • #209572 Reply

BobbyB
        AskWoody Lounger

Hmm that’s strange @plodr I listened in the “Wee Small hours” on Edge and it was fine. Didn’t try it on IE11, I suppose I was just glad something actually worked first time on Edge.

• #209581 Reply

Kirsty
        AskWoody MVP

I right clicked the underlined/hyperlinked “Download Podcast”, to Save [the file] As on my computer, then listened to it using VLC Media Player, without any problems.
        I prefer offline listening, as internet connection in these parts isn’t always 100% reliable, and it saves having to download the whole file repeatedly 🙂

I hope you do get to listen to it, as Susan’s interview is very interesting (imo).

• #209568 Reply

BobbyB
      AskWoody Lounger

Hey thx for that Kirsty there’s some great Listening on there, finally a “Talk Radio” Show that you actually want to listen to rather than some “Arty F**ty” obscure Poet talking about his Patagonian years or the abundance of rants on Politics. I just wish they had this on the Radio dial for driving long distance at nights. As the Radio is, to say the least, dire out in the “Boonies” 😉

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #209924 Reply

Kirsty
        AskWoody MVP

finally a “Talk Radio” Show that you actually want to listen to … I just wish they had this on the Radio dial for driving long distance at nights

There’s some listening suggestions in a new Outside the Box topic:
        Podcast Recommendations

If you have some way of taking them with you (podcast app on a smart-phone or mp3 player, for instance), you could overcome the reception issues 🙂

• #209595 Reply

Cybertooth
      AskWoody Lounger

Having never heard of this podcast before, when I first saw the URL (with no upper-case lettering) in Kirsty’s post on the Home page, I read it as “runasradio.” Hmm… runas radio? I thought it might be some kind of Nordic-themed program.  🙂

• #209784 Reply

Elly
      AskWoody MVP

The podcast was great! Susan was so good at explaining the problems and how people are reacting to them, both business and people like me… Maybe Microsoft isn’t listening, but Susan has the current situation down pat. There is some relief that she was able to explain it so well. This is stuff that Microsoft, as a large company, should know from its own marketing and support services, addressing proactively… and Susan is doing the work, and summarizing it for them… all they have to do is listen…

Microsoft? Listen? Not even Susan’s precise summary gives me hope… Sad, because she nailed it… They should be paying her for her services… not disregarding what is very valuable feedback.

Your efforts are much appreciated, @SusanBradley!

Win 7 Home, 64 bit, Group B

3 users thanked author for this post.
    • #209830 Reply

plodr
      AskWoody Lounger

I prefer listening offline too. That way I can listen rather than be tied to the computer for 38 minutes. I know once I start, something will interfere.

1. No Edge for me – no plans to ever install or run Windows 10. Windows 7 will be the last version of Windows for me. I’ll move to a different OS.

2. I rarely fire up IE so that’s not the problem.

Ah, but the Save Link worked!! Thanks. I have the mp3 and can even move it to my mp3 player to listen as I walk. When I clicked on it, VLC opened right up. Thanks Kirsty.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Patch Lady on RunAsRadio Podcast

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.