News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Patch Lady – running Windows Preview build 20226?

Posted on Susan Bradley Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog Patch Lady – running Windows Preview build 20226?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Susan Bradley
        Da Boss

You might be seeing that image on the new 20226.  Reports are it’s benign… Windows doesn’t really remove that from from your PC if you are running t
        [See the full post at: Patch Lady – running Windows Preview build 20226?]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2300308 Reply
        anonymous

How did M$ even s*** that up!?

(Also, how does this work normally? Just curious.)

-FavoritoHJS

• #2300319 Reply
          Susan Bradley
          Da Boss

Normally Microsoft recognizes it’s own and doesn’t flag an app compat issue.  Windows 10 is fully of compatability shims to get older applications to work  Windows Vista just said to apps sorry apps, you need to fix yourself.  Windows 10 says “okay let’s see what we can do to get you to work” and tries to fix it itself  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/planning/creating-a-custom-compatibility-fix-in-compatibility-administrator  This was clearly a sausage making event where the auto shim process wasn’t quite working as it should.

edit note I can’t remember what I wrote but I normally don’t swear so seeing the post show that my post was “Vista just said to apps s*** you… ” I have no idea what the word filter/autocorrect adjusted for me?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

• #2300322 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

I’m running 20226. You see this or some slight variation on every boot. Microsoft has acknowledged this and says they are working on a fix.

--Joe

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Patch Lady – running Windows Preview build 20226?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.