News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Patch Lady – updated the Woody’s Windows Health release dashboard

Posted on Susan Bradley Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog Patch Lady – updated the Woody’s Windows Health release dashboard

• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago.
    Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
        Susan Bradley
        AskWoody MVP

I’ve updated the Woody’s Windows Health Release Dashboard to reflect a still not quite resolved issue. The one we’re still tracking is the issue with
        [See the full post at: Patch Lady – updated the Woody’s Windows Health release dashboard]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

5 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2213616 Reply
        BATcher
        AskWoody_MVP

Susan: second plea to change the date formats to the unambiguous yyyy-mm-dd format, please!

BATcher

Data is not the plural of anecdote...

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by BATcher.
        3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2213676 Reply
        warrenrumak
        AskWoody Plus

Susan, change the date format.

• #2213716 Reply
        woody
        Da Boss

@EP just posted a link to a Softpedia article saying that the SMBv3 patch, KB 4554364, triggers a “Socket error 0×2200021. c:/windows/sywow64/appidpolicyengineApi.dll, instruction cannot be read.”

• #2213790 Reply
        anonymous

Respecting cultural differences around the world is bi-directional (multi- ?). I can accept Susan’s mixed endian date format because she is writing from a US background on a US blog. Perhaps the column could be labeled m/d/y to remind a global audience of the format. Forcing them to be like us is a bad thing without regards to which is the them and which is the us.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2213849 Reply
        gborn
        AskWoody_MVP

@EP just posted a link to a Softpedia article saying that the SMBv3 patch, KB 4554364, triggers a “Socket error 0×2200021. c:/windows/sywow64/appidpolicyengineApi.dll, instruction cannot be read.”

I don’t believe, that Bodgan Popa is right with it’s Softpedia article. I tried to sort things a bit out and I browsed the Italian MS answers forums, where the error is reported.

Windows 10: “Socket Error 0×2200021” and WiFi issues

Currently I have no idea, what’s causing this error.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP, Microsoft Answers Community Moderator, Blogger, Book author

https://www.borncity.com/win/

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2213995 Reply
        gborn
        AskWoody_MVP

It turns now out, it was a April fool prank …

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP, Microsoft Answers Community Moderator, Blogger, Book author

https://www.borncity.com/win/

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 6 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Patch Lady – updated the Woody’s Windows Health release dashboard

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.