News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Patch Lady – what about server 2008 R2?

Posted on Susan Bradley Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog Patch Lady – what about server 2008 R2?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Susan Bradley
        AskWoody MVP

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/extended-security-updates Extended Security Updates for on-premises or hosted environments: “Extended S
        [See the full post at: Patch Lady – what about server 2008 R2?]

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2036488 Reply
        Northwest Rick
        AskWoody Plus

G’day & Happy Solstice,

Your “Windows 7 licenses” link sends me to an endless “wait” loop.  Is that because I don’t have (or use) M$ Office products?  I get the same response both in my preferred browser (Firefox 71.0) and my fallback (IE 11, which rarely says “No!”)  If so, is there a recourse for a LibreOffice user like me?  Thanks!

Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Group B > Group W (Dec 2017, w/strategic updates for Bluekeep etc.) A-DYED-IN-THE-WOOL NEVER Win10’er

• #2036969 Reply
          Susan Bradley
          AskWoody MVP

It works for me?  Have you tried from another device like a smart phone?  Otherwise email me at @askwoody.com”>sb@askwoody.com and I’ll put you in touch with Ted and Amy.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

• #2036550 Reply
        grant.gardner
        AskWoody Plus

Wonder how that works with folks that have DataCenter licenses with SA for their virtual environments?

• #2036970 Reply
          Susan Bradley
          AskWoody MVP

Confirmed with Softwareone.  You need an Enterprise license in order to get extended support patches… or…. move your server to be a vm in Azure.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Patch Lady – what about server 2008 R2?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.