News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Pause Problem Win10 Updates

Posted on WSlaverneami Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  b 6 days ago.

• Author

WSlaverneami
      AskWoody Plus

I have Win10 1909 version.  At Woody’s suggestion, I have paused updates like for 21 days.  No problem there.  However, if I specify resume BEFORE the last pause date is reached, the system says my updates are up to date — and does not even show the new updates.  I can’t find that anyone else has this problem.  My only solution is to wait to the end-pause-date and then specify Resume.  Is there some way to resume before that last date, like when you have decided to install earlier as was the case in January when Woody said to do the updates and I could not do them because of that date in the future!

• #2140234 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

When you pause updates, they do not show up in Windows Update until the pause period ends or you end pause. When that happens, the updates download and install. You cannot use pause again until the pending updates are installed.

Please read AKB2000016 for information on Windows Update.

• #2140269 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Click “Check for updates”.

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (chump/pioneer)

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Pause Problem Win10 Updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.