News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • PCI Express

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 PCI Express

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

satrow 1 month ago.

• Author

ISSAM
      AskWoody Lounger

Hi,

after performing the power consumption diagnostics with the function in the command prompt with the following command: powercfg -energy I got the following error message:

“Platform Power Management Capabilities: PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility of the hardware components of this computer. ”

And I have no idea how to solve it, I searched on google but its results.

And thank you in advance

Moderator edit: Posts must be made in English. Please use a translator to convert to English before posting.

Attachments:
    • #1848821 Reply

anonymous

Thank you for quoting the error message exactly as displayed by that program. Is your computer not going to sleep or other standby mode?

Did you try running the Power Troubleshooter (search for Troubleshooting)?

• #1848965 Reply

satrow
      AskWoody MVP

Your PCIe isn’t dropping down into low power mode, most users with Desktop computers + PCIe GPU/NVMe components prefer it that way, wanting to keep highest performance for the expensive parts they’ve selected.

If this was a notebook, I’d expect it to use the low power mode when running on battery, for a desktop, it really isn’t a problem.

To work out what the hardware (or driver) incompatibility is, we’d need full hardware and driver details.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: PCI Express

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.