News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Phone support: Pairing your Android or Apple phone with Win10

Home Forums AskWoody blog Phone support: Pairing your Android or Apple phone with Win10

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

radosuaf 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

We’re finally seeing some robust and worthwhile reasons to pair your phone to your PC. Yes, you can pair your phone to your PC in order to look at pho
      [See the full post at: Phone support: Pairing your Android or Apple phone with Win10]

• #1351041 Reply

radosuaf
      AskWoody Lounger

This is even more fun if you pair your PC with bluetooth hybrid smartwatch :). Just get up from your chair and it gets locked :). I love the functionality, but it’s been here from some time already – at least from 1709…

MSI H110 PC MATE * Intel Core i5-6402P * 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133 MHz * Aorus Radeon RX 570 4GB * Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD * Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD * Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD * DVD RW Lite-ON iHAS 124 * Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI * Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit
      1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1359337 Reply

EM04048
      AskWoody Plus

Ok so if I set up the pairing, can we login or unlock the PC if the phone is not available?

Eric

• #1393547 Reply

radosuaf
        AskWoody Lounger

1. You can pair the phone only for locking, not unlocking.

2. There is always password/PIN/fingerprint for example available on the lock screen – if you set them.

MSI H110 PC MATE * Intel Core i5-6402P * 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133 MHz * Aorus Radeon RX 570 4GB * Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD * Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD * Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD * DVD RW Lite-ON iHAS 124 * Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI * Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Phone support: Pairing your Android or Apple phone with Win10

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.