News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• PhoneArena : Messaging apps ranked by privacy

Home Forums Code Red – Security/Privacy advisories PhoneArena : Messaging apps ranked by privacy

• Author
        AskWoody Plus

https://www.phonearena.com/news/messaging-apps-ranked-by-privacy-facebook-messenger-zoom-more_id132020

With iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 Apple notably added new tracking transparency policies for app developers and publishers to follow, in an effort to help the average user understand just how much private data their favorite apps are collecting from them.

In addition, developers are now required to first ask users for permission to serve them targeted ads, which the users can choose to deny….

If you’re a privacy-conscious person, you might be interested in knowing just how much private data the world’s most popular messaging apps collect from you and your family, and link to your identities…

Popular messaging apps ordered by privacy, summarized:
        Signal
        Discord
        Telegram
        WhatsApp
        Facebook Messenger
        TikTok…

OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Concerning user’s data data collection, I would like to know about one of the applications not listed in the article. It provides also a messaging service, so it would qualify for inclusion in this thread and it is used for virtual meetings I have, need, or prefer to attend: MS “Teams.”

Myself and the people I know run “Teams” on their personal computers, not their cellphones.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS Mojave + Linux (Mint)

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: PhoneArena : Messaging apps ranked by privacy

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.