News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Please Improve Search Function

Posted on WarningU2 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge Please Improve Search Function

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        WarningU2
        AskWoody Plus

I am having an issue with getting my old sony walkman NWZ-E344 recognized by Windows 10.   I’ve googled it and tried nearly all the supposed solutions but na da.   Thought I’d try here but when I look for “MTP” it is pulling in SMTP  (which there are a lot).   When I try “sony walkman not recognized”  there are no hits.    You really need a more advanced search function where you can include items to search and not search.

• #2060609 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Try using Google Search by searching with Google and adding “site:AskWoody.com” (without quotes) to the search string.

Also, try using quotes around what you are looking for (“walkman”) – it may help.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2060649 Reply
        WarningU2
        AskWoody Plus

Yes … that helped.  Brilliant suggestion.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Please Improve Search Function

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.