News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Posts not sorted by date.. bug?

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge Posts not sorted by date.. bug?

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PKCano 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

phaolo
      AskWoody Lounger

Sorry, I couldn’t find where to write this..
      There must be some bug with the posts sorting order.
      When I use the text form at the end of pages, my post ends up in a random positions.
      Can you please fix this? It’s quite unconvenient.

Example:

Audio stuttering after updates: latency caused by network adapter?

My last posts have been #337474 and #343198 , but they both appeared before #311972 , which is about 2 months old! And there are many other cases.

• #343504 Reply

Elly
      AskWoody MVP

Interesting…

I ran a test post in the same thread, and the same thing happened. Will check through other threads. Not aware of any reason for it, at this point… but can confirm the behavior.

Win 7 Home, 64 bit, Group B

• #343576 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

Threading has been fixed. The problem was the result of a reply having been trashed after it had been replied to, and can be time-consuming to locate.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      • #343634 Reply

phaolo
        AskWoody Lounger

Ah, there’s another issue I think.
        If I click “reply” to a post, the new one is created at the correct sub-level.
        If I, instead, click “quote” (aka reply with quote), it goes to the main level.
        Is this by design? It doesn’t seem correct.

Also a question:
        is there a way to see a list of your own threads and posts?
        It’s a convenient feature usually present in every forum, but I can’t find it here.

• #343642 Reply

PKCano
          Da Boss

Click “reply” first. Then scroll back up to the post you want to reply to. Highlight the part of the post you want to quote. Then click “quote.” Clicking “quote” without highlighting quotes the whole post.

is there a way to see a list of your own threads and posts?

Click on your ID below your avatar. In your profile, click on “Replies Created” or Topics Created” to view your contributions.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Posts not sorted by date.. bug?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.