News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Printer problem Brother DCP-J125 Windows 10

Posted on BillPCT Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Questions: How to troubleshoot hardware problems Printer problem Brother DCP-J125 Windows 10

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        BillPCT
        AskWoody Plus

Hi Woody,

Your help is requested with a problem I’m trying to solve for a friend.
        After a full clean reinstall using the download package from the Brother website, checking the status and all the settings as well as the preferences, the printer seems to respond to the “Test Print” command but then immediately cancels and doesn;t print.
        The printer is connected on the USB port and is recognised by the Toshiba laptop.
        The Print Queue shows 2 documents – System and the File name of the document which is to be printed.
        Is this a Permissions problem?
        If so, what are the correct settings?
        Your help will be appreciated.
        Many thanks.
        Bill Phelps
        BillPCT
        1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2279099 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Did you delete the printer from Device Manager, then reboot? This is always my starting point.

Have you checked that it’s not the June updates problem?

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2279111 Reply
        anonymous

Hi, i have same problem DCP125, driver in win7 works, but win10 only scanner works, not print,, send print comand but no start and delete prints jobs

• #2279773 Reply
        anonymous

Contacted Brother today who are aware of the situation as is Microsoft,  Brother say there is nothing they can do as any patch is quickly reversed by the next MS update. Brother say Microsoft does have a fix but they are not releasing it at this stage resulting in each MS customer having to allow MS to take remote control to install a large update. This is unacceptable MS, release the update for your customers.

• #2279896 Reply
        woody
        Da Boss

I wonder if both of you are hitting the problem that was solved by the second (download only) set of patches for Win10 in June.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-june-12-printer-wont-print/9e894da6-29c7-4686-9811-653944c21fb0?auth=1

I talk about it in the Computerworld article.

Have you tried installing KB 4567512?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Printer problem Brother DCP-J125 Windows 10

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.