News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Problem to report

Posted on Mr. Natural Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

cyberSAR 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

Mr. Natural
      AskWoody Plus

I just completed installing 1903 from our WSUS.

One minor issue was upon completion and when the pc boots windows I received an error that it could not find/load System32\LogiLDA.dll which turns out to be related to Logitech Download assistant. I may have had a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse at one time but not anymore. It must have been a remant because there were no Logitech references in Programs and Features. Quick fix was to copy the file from Windows.old\system32 into the current system32 folder. Error gone.

The big problem is in Windows Settings. I wanted to recheck app settings, default apps, etc. I can’t because when I try to open the Apps setting the Windows Settings window closes. So right now I cannot check default app settings the way I am supposed to.

I see 2 errors in application logs. The first isย  ย  “Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780.”

The other error is “Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x066bf1a5

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.86, time stamp: 0xda9755c4

Exception code: 0xc000008c

Fault offset: 0x000000000003a839

Faulting process id: 0x20a4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5116df973789d

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: dcb30247-cde6-4bef-9796-adb9d1e89b16

Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel”

So be advised. I still haven’t even gone over everything but ran into this right away.

Red Ruffnsore reporting from the front lines.

• #1732252 Reply

Mr. Natural
      AskWoody Plus

Well…..I was just about to show our I.S.Director the issue and when I went to open APPS it opened up just fine with no errors. It seems to have fixed itself. NEVERMIND D’OH!

• #1732462 Reply

Mr. Natural
      AskWoody Plus

Just like I’ve had to do with every other new version release…….. reinstalling RSAT.ย  ๐Ÿ™

• #1733387 Reply

cyberSAR
      AskWoody Plus

I noted the apps “crash” on 2 systems here right after upgrade. After about an hour it started working reliably on both.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Problem to report

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.