News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Problem with new Edge

Posted on access-mdb Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        access-mdb
        AskWoody MVP

I run Apache server on my PC (a leftover from when I was creating websites). It means I have my own home page rather than using someone else’s. It works fine in Firefox (my browser of choice). However, when I open Edge, Version 83.0.478.61 (Official build) (64-bit), it just sits there doing nothing (other than the spinning circle). If I then stop the load (click the x at top left) then refresh the page pops straight up. I’ve had a look but can’t find any setting that might affect this. Any ideas?

• #2278568 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

Does it work OK with any Chromium-based browser?

--Joe

• #2278612 Reply
        access-mdb
        AskWoody MVP

I only have three browsers, Firefox (no problem), Chrome (iffy) and Edge (iffy). Both Chrome and Edge sometimes work and sometimes don’t. I had a problem yesterdy with some of mt other computers, where nothing worked. Phoned a friend (well emailed him) and he wondered if it was a firewall issue. Turned out it was making the network private fixed it and they worked yesterday, but now they don’t, even FF. Only FF on this PC (the Apache server) is working consistently…..

• #2278617 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

I’m sure I read somewhere that Chrome and Chredge don’t co-exist well on the same system..
        Hang on, I’ll have a search..
        EDIT: yeah, it was to do with having symantec endpoint on the system that caused that issue:
        https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-browser-and-chrome-do-not-work-on-my/8c2d5de3-7eb4-486a-a2c5-22399440e2b7
        false+ to your issue

| Win8.1 Pro x64 | Linux Hybrids x86/x64 | Win7 Pro x86/x64 Offline |
        • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Microfix.
        • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Microfix.
      • #2278622 Reply
        access-mdb
        AskWoody MVP

On my other desktop, I only have ChrEdge, FF and Palemoon, so no chrome…

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Problem with new Edge

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.