News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Problem with opening Photoshop V22 from Win 10 2004

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Problem with opening Photoshop V22 from Win 10 2004

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Buteo
        AskWoody Plus

Hello

I updated to Win 10 2004 a few weeks ago with no problem.
        Now however Adobe has update Photoshop and shows me two versions V22 and 21.2.4
        If I ope 21.2.4 no problem.  If I try to open the newer V22 I get the error message below.
        Also if I double click on a jog file it should open in photoshop as usual.  But I then get the same error message:

Any ideas?  I have spent an hour trying to get a help contact into Adobe.  I cannot find an email or a chat contact and none of the common questions help at all.

Malcolm Jones
        Plus member Buteo

• #2307834 Reply
        Buteo
        AskWoody Plus

My post missed out the error message which was:

Error at loading of ippCV library.

Your application is dynamically linked with Intel® IPP libraries version 2020.0.1 ( r0x35c5ec66)

I hope this helps someone suggest a solution, I have added the full message as an attachment

Buteo

Attachments:
      • #2307847 Reply
        Moonshine
        AskWoody Lounger

<M: Error at loading of IPPcv library Photoshop 22.0 Windows 10

This link with potential solution might be useful to you:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/m-error-at-loading-of-ippcv-library-photoshop-22-0-windows-10/td-p/11521776?page=1

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Moonshine.
      • #2308383 Reply
        Buteo
        AskWoody Plus

Thank you, Moonshine

My problem was sorted yesterday when I finally got through to an Adobe empl0yee on Adobe chat system.  I was told that this is a known problem and Adobe engineers are working on it!

I had uninstalled and re installed a few times so had lost my previous version ( v21.2.4) on the processes ( such as keeping or not keeping earlier versions )  So uninstall V22 and found earlier version on Adobe via Creative Cloud – installed this and all is now in order.  I intend to turn off automatic updates as the auto update installed V22 by updating v21.2.4.

So for anyone else with this problem – remove v22 and roll back to v21.2.4

Thanks again Moonshine – your link included this solution.

Buteo

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Problem with opening Photoshop V22 from Win 10 2004

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.