News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Problems with WLAN autoconfig and NDIS

Posted on Zaphyrus Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Networking – routers, firewalls, network configuration Problems with WLAN autoconfig and NDIS

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Zaphyrus
        AskWoody Lounger

Due to personal and private reasons, I moved temporarily to another house and  everything so good except for one little detail,  I am currently havint  weird issues with WLAN autoconfig and NDIS

You see it starts with  alots messages logged in WLAN autoconfig (about wireless security stopped, then starting again) sometimes nothing happens after that, but sometimes  it detects a  security error, and it reset my connection (not driver, connection)  the worst that have happened yet is that it logs a NDIS warning  and a Netwnb event that say that the adapter is not working properly and resets the driver.  (the wireless security log happens every day, but the others happen at random times 1 time per day)

I must mention that my connection most of the time is rock solid  AND after the security incident AND the reset everything is as if nothing happened.

I looked at the router log, and this is logged each time  the security stops :

syslog: SSDP M-SEARCH from 192.168.1.69:51614 ST: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1

I will attach a file, which contain my router log

i will also post the results of  netsh interface ipv4 show ipstats and netsh interface ipv6 show ipstats

IPV4

Estadísticas MIB-II IP
        ——————————————————
        El reenvío es: Deshabilitado
        Período de vida predeterminado: 128
        Recepciones de entrada: 464188
        Errores de encabezado de entrada: 0
        Errores de direcciones de entrada: 0
        Datagramas reenviados: 0
        Protocolo de entrada desconocido: 0
        Entradas descartadas: 7275
        Entradas entregadas: 470515
        Solicitudes de salida: 318959
        Descartes de enrutamiento: 0
        Descartes de salida: 0
        Rutas sin salida: 0
        Tiempo de espera de reensamblado: 60
        Reensamblados requeridos: 0
        Reensamblados correctos: 0
        Errores de reensamblado: 0
        Fragmentos correctos: 0
        Fragmentos erróneos: 0
        Fragmentos creados: 0

IPV6

El reenvío es: Deshabilitado
        Período de vida predeterminado: 128
        Recepciones de entrada: 13178
        Errores de encabezado de entrada: 0
        Errores de direcciones de entrada: 1
        Datagramas reenviados: 0
        Protocolo de entrada desconocido: 0
        Entradas descartadas: 1928
        Entradas entregadas: 13113
        Solicitudes de salida: 18094
        Descartes de enrutamiento: 0
        Descartes de salida: 0
        Rutas sin salida: 0
        Tiempo de espera de reensamblado: 60
        Reensamblados requeridos: 0
        Reensamblados correctos: 0
        Errores de reensamblado: 0
        Fragmentos correctos: 0
        Fragmentos erróneos: 0
        Fragmentos creados: 0

I seriously hope its the router I would be so sad to know that my network card is starting to fail.

Just someone who don't want Windows to mess with its computer.
        • This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Zaphyrus.
        • This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Zaphyrus.
        Attachments:
      • #2284177 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

The router log is bigger than I would have expected, but no obvious errors. It does seem to be resetting often – re-reading the hosts file.
        Do you have another router you can test?
        Do you have any errors in the Windows Event Log? (Use NirSoft FullEventLogView for an easier way to see errors.)

cheers, Paul

• #2284185 Reply
          Zaphyrus
          AskWoody Lounger

You mean the router is the one that resets? for now this is the only one I have at hand

I always check event viewer, so I know for a fact that   An occasional security error that causes disconnection is the only one I have

but sometimes instead of that wireless security error, I get the 5002 netwnb64 error (adapter not working properly)

In all cases it disconnect and connect to the internet

sometimes it does not, in fact there was one whole week where the problem didn’t appear.

as always Paul, thanks for always helping me, and of course I expect Doriel to give me his wonderful opinion.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Zaphyrus.
      • #2284189 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Are there other errors around the time of the adapter errors?

cheers, Paul

• #2284192 Reply
          Zaphyrus
          AskWoody Lounger

Now that you mention it,  there is the event 5000 (also netwnb64) which is

“the network adapter Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load· (more or less that is what it says)

this happen once a day, usually in late hours ( around 12-3 morning) (sometimes it happen earlier that this timeframe)

I think its the only one that I can think for now..

I still believe my network card is fine but its incompatible with this router (my other router in my other home also caused me issues, but not as serious as this ones)

what makes me anxious is that my Intel dual band 3160 is out of support, so “updating to a newer driver” is not an option, I can only just rollback.

• #2284194 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Network cards are not usually incompatible and issues are fixed in the driver. As it used to be fine and the only (apparent) change is the router, I’d be looking to borrow a router to test.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Problems with WLAN autoconfig and NDIS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.