News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Profile Replies history questions

Home Forums AskWoody Central Getting started Profile Replies history questions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Kirsty 4 days, 13 hours ago.

• Author

Tex265
      AskWoody Plus

When going to one’s Profile and clicking on Replies created, a history of your replies appears. Two questions:

Is there any order that they are suppose to appear in?  Mine seem to have no consistent order, not by date replied, alpahbetical, or by Topic.  Or does it take awhile for them to organize?

Do replies compile forever?  If you Trash one/some from your Profile, do they also delete from the actual blog posting?

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 and Windows 7 Pro x64
    • #325594 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Supposedly, they are in date order, with the newest first (maybe). Notice the if’s.

If you trash any of them they. will no longer be in the list you see.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #325631 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

@tex265, your replies page is in reverse date order, no exceptions. A very consistent order, in your case.
      Where replies nest but not in date order, this reply list order can be slightly varied, but that’s not affecting yours at this point.

• #325647 Reply

b
        AskWoody Plus

I disagree; a couple of his/her February posts are below six January posts.

It’s always fairly random for me too.

Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Sucker More intrepid Crazy/ignorant Toxic drinker "Saluted blockhead" (Group ASAP)

• #326042 Reply

Kirsty
          Da Boss

I’m observing the same thing now, which I didn’t a few hours ago…

2 users thanked author for this post.
          b,
          Elly
      • #325959 Reply

Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

As of now, I have 13 Replies:

The first 8 are in descending date order, the 9th is dated 2/12/2019, the next 4 are in descending date order from that one; but these last 5 are out of order with the first 8.

Not sure what you mean by “where replies nest”, but if it means replies grouped by topic, that is not happening either.

Update: This being the 14th reply, it went ahead of the previous 2/12/2019 reply, but still behind the first 8 replies.

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 and Windows 7 Pro x64
        • This reply was modified 4 days, 13 hours ago by
           Tex265.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Profile Replies history questions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.