News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Programs & Microsoft control

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Programs & Microsoft control

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

First I have to say is I despise W10. I am so tired of my settings being changed every time that I boot this PC up. Its like I am not aloud to control Anything. I am even blocked from updating Windows Defender. Us there something in settings that I can change to stop these things from happening?

There are so many programs on Windows10. Which ones are absolutely needless. Another words what is the bare minimum that I need to leave installed in order to run W10?

Thank You

anonymous

On this site, https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-10-ads-ultimate-privacy-setup.html , under “remove store and/or apps” section of this page is a command to remove the modern apps from Windows 10.

-B

Susan Bradley
        Manager

What settings are being changed?

Defender should be updating automatically, what error messages are you getting?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

anonymous

I don’t know who posted that link but the info on that link does not work.

Thank You

doriel
          AskWoody Lounger

Link is from year 2017, so its highly probable, that provided info is outdated – and definatelly the PowerShell command to remove apps, needs to be personalized for your use, the line from article is just general syntax. And very weird to be honest. It seems to me like it could remove all appx packages for the specified user. Could try to run this on spare VM, but wont waste my time 🙂

To remove GIMP for example, I would expect something like:

Get-AppxPackage *GIMP* | Remove-AppxPackage

I went throug few screenshots there and W10 looks “bit different” now. Including installation screenshots.

@Susan-Bradley – I believe that he was talking about changes with build updates (1809, 1903, 1909,…), not every single restart.

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 20H2 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by doriel. Reason: code
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Programs & Microsoft control

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.