News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Protect Document Option Not in Menu

Posted on bcgarbage Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2016 for PC Protect Document Option Not in Menu

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bcgarbage 5 days, 12 hours ago.

• Author

bcgarbage
      AskWoody Plus

Within the last day or so, I noticed that the option to protect a document has disappeared from all my menus in Office 2016. Not sure how or why; maybe I disabled it by accident? If so, I don’t know how I did it. See the attached screen snip of the File menu.

Suggestions/options? I tried using a couple backups but nothing has come back up.

Thanks,
      John

No-protect-document-option-1

Attachments:
    • #2012888 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

Is it not available as a Save As option? It seems like yours didn’t behave like this until recently, but this is how I am used to it working:
      Protect a document with a password

GroovyPost has an article on protecting various Office files, incl. Access, Excel & PowerPoint.

• #2012893 Reply

bcgarbage
        AskWoody Plus

Thank you!  The links had it.  I’d recalled seeing it as part of the various options in the main menu with one of the blocks on the right giving the option to protect the document.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Protect Document Option Not in Menu

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel