News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Qi Charger vs MagSafe Charger

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS Qi Charger vs MagSafe Charger

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

I currently charge my iPhone XS with a wireless Qi charger (the Special Edition Belkin model in the Apple Store). When I upgrade to the iPhone 12, are there any advantages to migrating to the MagSafe charger, or should I stick with my wireless Qi charger? I mainly charge my iPhone once at night in the evening like I do with my Apple Watch, so I generally don’t need too fast of charging for it.

Nathan Parker

• #2308372 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

iPhone 12 will charge with MagSafe at 15W, Qi charger has a max of 7.5W.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2308529 Reply
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Since I generally only charge my phone once per day (overnight), would the additional wattage be of any benefit to me?

Nathan Parker

• #2308569 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Since I generally only charge my phone once per day (overnight), would the additional wattage be of any benefit to me?

It won’t, but if you need a quick charge during the day it will help.
        Charging with 20W charger and USB-C to Lightning cable is twice as fast.

• #2308644 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
      • #2308680 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

I ordered today :

RAVPower iPhone 12 Charger MFi Certified USB C 20W PD 3.0 Fast Charger 2-Port Total 30W with 3FT C to Lightning Cable Wall Charger for iPhone 12/12 Mini/12 Pro Max iPad Pro

For my future iPhone 12 Pro Max. I wanted the additional USB-A port (10W).

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Qi Charger vs MagSafe Charger

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.