News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Quick games to waste time playing

Posted on Bluetrix Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Fun Stuff Quick games to waste time playing

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  OscarCP 5 days, 14 hours ago.

• Author

Bluetrix
      AskWoody MVP

There are a lot of online games to waste your time playing. Here is a newer addition to the many available. It’s mindless but requires a level of deduction to complete all levels. (35 at present) Most of us know whack-a-mole, but there are so many more time waster’s out there.

I’m not suggesting a web site full of time wasters, just a single game that’s on a site you don’t need to register or download to play. I have spent way to much time pursuing junky but fun stuff on the web, here’s my latest. Off and on it took me 2 days to complete all the levels.(I do have other things to do) The first 10 levels are really easy, deception comes later.

https://spacebugs.io/

Scroll for directions on how to play, they are under the game board.

Feel free to post a time wasting single game link, but before posting a link to a game please vet it here: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/url

If it gets a bad result please don’t post the link here, the post will be deleted.

Windows10 Home 1809 | Mint19 on VM

• #1954544 Reply

tonyl
      AskWoody Lounger

A complete waste of time

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #1954978 Reply

OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

Shaun (TS), a.k.a “tonyl”… This looks interesting, even addictive, but what is the goal of this game? An instructions manual, or any instructions, really, clarifying this point, would be a nice thing to have. So, with that, I’ll be able to waste as much time as there is left for me in this world playing it.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

• This reply was modified 5 days, 14 hours ago by  OscarCP.
        • This reply was modified 5 days, 14 hours ago by  OscarCP.
    • #1954796 Reply

OscarCP
      AskWoody Plus

I used to enjoy playing, now and then, Mahjong Solitaire back, when in my Windows 98 years. Bluetrix made me remember that, so I decided to check if it is still around, and lo and behold, it is! And available for free! Hard to explain: is it a bit like a cross between Mahjong and Tetris? Well… not really.

https://games.washingtonpost.com/games/mahjongg-solitaire/

I must confess that the one game I most like to play is the cards one called Five Hundred (somewhat like Bridge, but fun). Sadly, it is only fun if played with actual people.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group B & macOS + Linux (Mint) => Win7 Group W + Mac&Lx

• #1954828 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

a nostalgic waste of time?
      Found Prince of Persia MSDOS floppys (I spent hours on that in Windows 3x)

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

• #1954829 Reply

Mr. Natural
      AskWoody Plus

This should keep folks busy for a while. The Internet Arcade from the Internet archives.

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

Don’t forget to contribute to the archive after you contribute to Askwoody.  🙂

Red Ruffnsore reporting from the front lines.

• #1954878 Reply

Microfix
      Da Boss

another complete waste of time 🙂

********** Win7 x64/x86 | Win8.1 x64 | Linux Hybrids x64 **********

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Quick games to waste time playing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.