News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Re-making an Outlook user account

Posted on CWBillow Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run Re-making an Outlook user account

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  b 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

I switched from 1&1 to Bluehost.  At first my main email account wasn’t working.  Now it is.  It is an Exchange account.

I use an add-on (SpamBully) for (duh!) spam control.  But when SB is active, Outlook now can take up to 3.5 minutes to load.

My (somewhat minor) prior experience with Exchange wasn’t the most pleasant of times, so I had switched off Exchange.  I am fairly sure, but not 100%, that it is Exchange issues that causes the dramatic slowdown in starting Outlook.  Bluehost has no alternative however.

What I want to do is remove my Outlook and try setting it up again.  At first there were no account settings to replicate.  The IMAP/SMTP settings were all greyed out, evidently set up using some type of “auto” locate/connect setup.  But Bluehost support sent them to me for manual setting.  But, if I remove the user, will that delete all the messages from the IMAP/Exchange server?

If not, then I remove the user and set it up again.

If it would / does delete all the messages, can I back them all up to a PST file and then import them into the “new” account?

Chuck Billow

• #1957944 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

What I want to do is remove my Outlook and try setting it up again.

Chuck, are you using desktop Outlook, or web-based? You don’t say which version you are running 🙂

• #1958096 Reply

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

Sorry!  Desktop.  Office 365. — Business Pro.

Chuck Billow

• #1958174 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

But, if I remove the user, will that delete all the messages from the IMAP/Exchange server?

No.

Remove or delete an email account from Outlook

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1909

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Re-making an Outlook user account

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.