News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Reappearing KB4551762 update

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

The March 12 KB4551762 update is showing up in WU. I installed the update on March 13, and it is showing as installed, but appears as an update to download today. Anyone noticing the same thing? Currently on 1909 Home version.

• #2210930 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

I have seen this happen before. I think it has something to do with the fact that the Servicing Stack is bundled with the CU, but is not listed in Windows Update for download.

What seems to happen is the CU appears twice for download, and shows twice in the Update History as installed. The SSU never shows up either of those places.

But if you look in the “Installed Updates” (Control Panel\Programs & Features), you will find the CU and the SSU each listed just once.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2210991 Reply
        Bundaburra
        AskWoody Plus

Yesterday I installed the March updates, having waited for 14 days.  I was offered (among others) KB4540673, but not KB4551762.  On doing a further check post installation, I am still not being offered 4551762, and it does not appear in the list of installed updates.

For what it’s worth, I installed the SSU, KB4541338, separately and before installing the other updates.  That’s my usual practice when there is a new SSU.  KB4541338 (the SSU) does appear in the list of installed updates.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Bundaburra.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Reappearing KB4551762 update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.