News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • recovery backup to SD card?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        markai
        AskWoody Lounger

Hi there, is there a way to save the Windows Recovery partition to SD card?

When using Windows10 (2004) Recovery backup procedure, it keeps asking for a USB stick.

About 3 years ago when setting up my previous Win system, I don’t remember using any special way to get it onto an SD card.

I perfer SD card over USB stick, because SD card is always in the machine, so it won’t get forgotten at home, and won’t stick out from the chassis as a USB stick.

Any ideas? Thank you!

• #2277962 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

The best place to put your recovery / backup data is an external hard disk that you keep safely away from the machine. If the machine dies / is lost / stolen then you have a backup available for recovery.

That is why I use 3rd party (often free) backup programs that create their own recovery media – you can create the recovery media on the external HDD and then backup to the same disk.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: recovery backup to SD card?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.